Infrared Imaging Information: Breast Thermography
Patient Information: Breast Thermography
Breast Screening with Infrared Thermal Imaging
- Purpose of test:
For early detection of abnormal changes in the breasts
- Patient Preparation:
Complete all paperwork prior to your arrival. If you have questions, call the office. If this is not possible arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment and complete the necessary paperwork at that time.
All information is confidential and is used by Dr. Dekel to evaluate your thermal images.
- Avoid a hot shower at least 4 hours prior to exam.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the exam.
- Do not use lotions or powder on your breasts on the day of exam.
- Avoid application of deodorant if possible.
- Do not shave the day of the exam to avoid skin abrasion.
- Avoid sun exposure for extended periods of time the day before and on day of exam.
- Avoid coffee that day.
- Please provide a list of medications either prior to or at time of exam.
- You will need to disrobe from the waist up (while wearing a gown) and acclimate to room temperature for 5-10 minutes prior to your scan. The scan will take approximately 5-7 minutes.
- A “stress test” is usually included with your procedure. This involves chilling the hands by holding an ice pack for one minute, to produce a physiological response.
This helps to provide additional information to Dr Dekel who will read
Once your scan is complete it will take approximately 10 minutes for Dr. Dekel to interpret the results. This will be done in your presence, while explaining the various findings.
Your scan results will include a re-call period from 6 weeks to 12 months.
You are welcome to bring a companion or partner to be present during the exam. It is non-invasive and non-contact test. The total time necessary to complete the procedure is approximately 45-60 min, including a consultation and going over our prevention protocol.
Infrared Imaging increases the chance of early detection of breast disease. Like all procedures it is not a 100% guarantee of detection. A complete program of breast health includes: Monthly self exam, Annual physician exam, Annual thermal imaging and other anatomical testing like ultrasound and MRI may be recommended as needed.
Patient Signature:____________________ Date:____________________
Stay informed with Dr.Dekel's latest health news!
Shop for Products
- All Items
- Adrenal Support
- Blood Pressure
- Bone & Joint
- Emotional and Mental Balance
- Energy & Vitality
- G.I. Support
- Gall Bladder
- General Health and Well Being
- Immune System Support
- Intestinal Support
- Teeth & Gums
- Thyroid Support
- Urinary Tract Health
- Weight Loss